Hotmail or Outlook account password resetting can be caused by varying reasons. It can be due to the account user who wants to have a new password or for better security. On the other hand, password resetting is a must to ensure that the account is in good condition and active.
Through this, a secured and properly functioning Hotmail or Outlook account can be achieved. Theft, spamming, and other shady purposes can be avoided by regularly resetting an Outlook or Hotmail account.
Resetting the account’s password has steps and guidelines needed to be considered to successfully accomplish the task. These steps serve as the key to achieving a better and secured Hotmail or Outlook account. Also, resetting the password can be done both on a mobile phone or desktop.
Password Resetting through Mobile Phone
Before resetting your Hotmail or Outlook password, make sure that you have another active email such as Gmail to receive the verification code that will be sent by the Microsoft team.
- For the first step, go to the Outlook app on your phone and click it.
Note: Hotmail and Outlook are the same, Microsoft had changed Hotmail into its latest version which is called now as the Outlook.
- Then, go to the File and Account Settings. Listed here are the settings in updating or making the account function better and properly.
- Click the Update Password button and provide your new password. Once settled for the new password, re-enter and verify for total security. After that, click OK and enjoy your newly reset account password.
Password Resetting for an Office 365 Subscriber
If you are a 365 Office subscriber with semi-updates, you can follow these steps to guide your password resetting task.
- Click the Outlook application and look for the file. Click the Account Settings that contain varying settings for the betterment and security of the account.
- Search for the email that you wanted to change the password and select change.
- In the window of Change Account, reset the password to the new and updated one depending on your desire. Make sure to update a password which is hard to remember.
- After that, choose the close and finish button to accomplish and save the changes done in the account.
Password Resetting through Desktop
If you are using your desktop, password resetting is also possible, just simply follow the steps.
- First, sign in to your Microsoft account and click the Security button.
- Then, select the Change Password button.
- After that, reset and provide the new password depending on your desire. Just make sure to remember the password to avoid resetting or recovering it once forgotten.
- For the last step, check and click the save button to fully reset the account password.
Resetting an Outlook password can be accomplished in just a few simple steps. The steps mentioned above can guide anyone who needs to reset their password for better security and satisfying services provided by Outlook.