With the plenty of apps available today, we tend to install or create an account on it immediately. There are times that we had created too many, and now you don’t know how to use it. And the later decision is to delete it one by one when you truly don’t need its service anymore, or maybe you find better one.
What if you want to delete your Hotmail account? How will you do it? Later in this article, you will know how and what are the steps to remove or delete your Hotmail account.
How to delete your Hotmail account?
- Sign in to your Hotmail account. By signing in, you will be directed to your account to continue the process. After you log in, you need to go to the account.microsoft.com to manage the account.
- From your Microsoft account, you need to click the security tab and click the more security option located from, the lower part of the page. After clicking, at the bottom of it, there is a close account button there and click it.
- And finally, Microsoft will inform you about the other things that you should do before they close your account.
But if you had second thoughts and you want to retrieve your account again by just logging in on it before it passes the 60 duration.
Once you deleted your account will no longer receive any emails from the app. And since Microsoft operates Hotmail, if you will delete your account, you will remove your Microsoft account also. Before deleting your account here is some information that you must know before proceeding like:
- Check your Microsoft Billing service – before deleting your Microsoft account together with others such as the Hotmail; you need to check if there are active subscriptions. These subscriptions may block you from deleting your account, so you need to fix it first.
- If you want to delete your Hotmail account, you need to remove also all other accounts like the Windows Live or Microsoft account.
- Spend your credits – Before closing your account, you need to spend all the credits like the Skype credits. Once your account is deleted, your credits will also be lost and no longer available to use.
- Check your Xbox and Microsoft Account balances, and you may also remove any credit cards connected to your account.
- You only have 60 days to close your account permanently.
- You will no longer receive any data or emails once you closed your account.
So if you had decided to delete your Hotmail account, you could follow those steps written above. Removing or making a new account is very easy; however; you also need to assure what your purpose about it.
Like deleting your account in Hotmail, try to consider first the things that you must know and secured all you’re the things you must need to secured like your essential files and data. So, think twice before doing anything.